Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Taking stress to the next level...

Chris is now officially unemployed. Again.
He was supposed to get with Mr. I. on Friday to collect his paycheck and "discuss" future jobs and brainstorm on how to keep Chris working. Chris had to call Mr. I. when 5:00 pm rolled around and he had not heard a peep from Mr. I.

Mr. I. profusely apologized to Chris about not being able to meet up with him and promised that they would get together over the weekend.

Well, it's Tuesday and not a peep. Now, I know eventually Mr. I. will need to talk to Chris because Chris has some of his power tools and the keys to the tool trailer. I just don't know how long Mr. I. is going to avoid paying Chris what he owes him. And it is substantial.

With all this going on, I haven't been sleeping well at all. I may have to find a good night cream to help with the wrinkles and bags that are forming. It's not been easy with me getting next to no sleep and being up at 6:30 every morning making sure that Katie is ready for school and going to clean for my clients. I come home exhausted everyday but when bedtime rolls around I just can't relax enough to fall asleep and stay that way.

Chris and I aren't arguing but their is a little tension there. It basically boils down that how he is handling the situation comes no where near close to how I would handle it. Other than that we try to go on as if everything is normal around the house. I do make money cleaning and so far we have been keeping our heads above the water, but it won't be like that all the time and if it weren't for our tax refund coming in, I really don't know what we would do.

I just hope that something happens quickly so that I can relieve some of this stress.

1 comment:

Stella said...

I'm sorry. I understand this pretty well and it's nothing I'd wish on anyone. I'm sorry you are dealing with it.

Thinking of you.