Monday, February 23, 2009

I love my Oreck

One of the items that I purchased with my tax refund is this little gem. I absolutely love it! Although mine is last years edition, it comes with a 21 year warranty!!! I am guaranteed my vacuum for 21 years, how can this not be a bargain?!


My Oreck is black/grey and because I purchased the Susan G. Komen edition, a portion of the money will go to that foundation. So I have a beautiful pink ribbon signifying that on my Oreck. With my purchase, I have also received:


Free year of replacement bags

Free canister vacuum w/a year supply of bags.

Free cordless iron a $130.oo value - Which Chris is thrilled to have since he does most of the ironing... I personally can not stand to iron.


I also received Oreck's new micro-fiber cloths free just because I own my cleaning business

And because I clean homes I will get a discount on replacement bags as long as I am in business courtesy of the store in Sarasota.


I picked my vacuum on many factors:

"The built-in HEPA filtration system traps 99.9% of all dust and allergens down to 0.3 microns. The dust on the floor doesn't blow back into the air and end up on your furniture. So you could dust less often"


Furniture-friendly Design:
"Its low profile, soft top-and-sides make it easy to clean around and under furniture without scratching it. Side brushes make cleaning baseboards and edges easier too."


Fast. Simple. Sanitary.
"Unlike bagless vacuums, the Saniseal® system automatically seals shut, locking the dirt in the disposable filter bag. Changing bags is effortless, odorless and clean. And one Oreck bag can hold as much as four bagless dust cups."


The Oreck Advantage: Direct Suction
"With Direct Suction, the New Oreck XL produces 127 mph air flow, yet weighs only 9lbs. Direct suction design delivers dirt in a straight, efficient path right to the vacuum bag. But most bagless vacs move dirt through a convoluted maze of tubing, which requires a larger motor. The Oreck's smaller, more energy efficient motor uses 1/3 the electricity of virtually any other vacuum motor. "




Oreck vacuums are not cheap by any means but it is an outstanding vacuum! I paid $399.00 for mine and that is $200.00 off the online sale price. Pam, one of the partners, for the Sarasota store really gave me a good deal. They support house cleaners because we make up at least 50% of their business. Their belief is "support those that support us". I think that is so awesome! One of my clients owns an Oreck and I have used Oreck vacuums when I cleaned houses years ago and fell in love with them. The handheld vacuum does what they say it does. It can pick up a 16 pound bowling ball. I have tried it myself!!!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oooooh, that is a sweet vacuum!
Very nice and very nice deal on it too.
Enjoy your new toy!

Mindy said...

Kat - One of these days when it isn't too hectic I will bring it over and vacuum your whole house! Deal?