Monday, March 2, 2009

2009 Family vacation!


This is Chris' idea of roughing it. LOL!
We have talked about going rv camping for several years now. Something different to do with the family but not as expensive as booking flights, securing a hotel, paying for the local attractions and not to mention all the meals eaten out. Let's face it, we are talking some serious moolah here.
Camping is a whole different ballgame. We have discussed what would be more enjoyable, tent, cabin or renting an RV. I loved to go camping as a kid and have many fond memories with my family doing so. Chris and his parents camped a lot. Our kids have not been so fortunate. While they have camped with other organizations, we have never camped as a family.
There are a ton of campsites in the state of Florida. I never knew how many there are. In fact there is a nice one less than 10 miles from our home. So I think this year we are going to get serious about doing a weekend trip around the kids spring break vacation. Which is just around the corner. I am not sure we will take an rv or not but I know one thing, Chris is already looking into the rentals for the end of this month.

No comments: