Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!


Today my dad turns 62 years old. It seems like only yesterday my son, Jeff and my niece, Jessi, were asking my dad if being 50 meant that he was older than dirt. LOL!!! They were only 5 and 6 years old at the time.


I can't fathom how in just 3 more years he can start collecting his pension. He doesn't look his age. In fact both my parents were lucky enough to have the better genes in their families. When Jeff was just a baby my dad was not gray in the slightest. Now although some salt and pepper highlight his temple and crown area it is nowhere near what some 30-50 year olds are sporting.


I am always trying to figure out what to get my dad for his birthdays. He doesn't need or want anything special and when I ask what he would like it's always the same answer "Don't waste your money on me, stock pile it for the kids." Generally, Chris and I take my parents out to dinner and slip a gift card inside his birthday card. And as boring or droll as that sounds my dad always appreciates even the littlest things.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! I LOVE YOU


No comments: