Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I am going to kill that boy...

my son is slacking off on his school duties.. I got a call or rather a message was left for me by Jeff's Honors U.S. History teacher. He states that Jeff is not completing his class assignments. I confronted him about it and Jeff states that he has dozed off a few days and did not take notes. WTF? Dozing off? This kids goes to bed at 10pm every night and gets up a 6am every morning How can he possibly be tired? Jeff says it's not that he is tired but bored. Wonderful.. so how am I supposed to make History class interesting? Needless to say, he is grounded until report cards come home. I hate to be so stern but he needs to realize that school is important and now matter how boring the subject he has to give his best effort to succeed. Any suggestions people?

1 comment:

lattégirl said...

No suggestions other than the grounding, but you just reminded me to ask my boy how, exactly, things are going in school for him. Turns out, not terribly hot. I just said, somewhat sarcastically, "Do you plan to pass Grade 9 French and math now that you're taking the courses for the third year in a row?"

Sheesh.