Thursday, October 11, 2007

I think I got my message across...

with Jeff. We had a serious discussion on the responsibilities of the teenager and what is expected. My son is smart but is a typical boy. If it's not interesting to him he feels it is not important. Well he did feel that way. Now he understands what I EXPECT from him and what I say is law:)

He felt overwhelmed taking two college level courses and was always tired and being only 16 he was starting to feel burned out. I told him that I would have no problem at all helping him out. Helping him to prepare for quizzes, tests and helping him overall in making sure he stays on track. He seemed to have a huge weight lifted off. I don't know why he thinks he has to do it all on his own and he never has asked for help. Why do guys not ask for help? I ask for help all the time ( doesn't mean I get it, but I will ask).

I constantly ask him 1) do you have homework and 2) do you need my help in studying? Now I think I have finally gotten the message burned into that thick skull of his.

1 comment:

lattégirl said...

I guess boys are the same no matter where! I always ask mine if he needs help with his French class (I have mad skillz in French) and most often he says no.

Mind you, he's not studying college-level courses... we're talking grade 9 here, 3 years in a row (*sigh*) and still he refuses my help.