Friday, June 13, 2008

Why do I blog?

You may have noticed that I have been absent for awhile. I was extremely busy trying to get a project for school done that didn't work out so well. I still can't get it right. I have decided to work that out when I am not so damn frustrated.

I have been reading a lot of blogs but I have not been in the mood to comment. I have lurked and I feel bad about it but when I feel I don't have anything to say, I don't. There is some drama out in the blogosphere and I don't know exactly how I feel about it and therefore have not commented one way or another. Some of you may know and some may not. It's not important. But it did get me to think about why I blog.

I guess I don't do enough of it to know what kind of direction or how much of myself I want to share because, let's face it, blogging can be a scary place. I have seen stalker situations. I have seen total chaos happen over one's opinion. And frankly that silences me to not share so much of myself. I would love not to care of what others think of me, but I do. I am a human being that craves attention. There I said at least that.

My family is extremely important to me and although I want to shout from the roof tops how proud of them I am, I don't. It's the protective lioness side of me that wants to shelter them from the blogosphere. Yes, I have shared some but not a lot. I try to be very particular in what I say regarding my family.

I read many styles of blogs. Humorous ones, open and forefront, ones of struggles, you name it. But, I am not sure what kind of things I want to appear on my own. Sometimes I just don't know what to say. I have a lot of searching to do and it won't happen overnight. I may or may not post anything tomorrow. It will all depend on my mood.

2 comments:

Weekends Off said...

I feel bad when I lurk and can't think of something to comment too.

I've seen drama in the blog world, lucky for me it's always stayed clear of my blog. And it's probably a good thing because I'd be the type to post IP addresses and such LOL

Mindy said...

Weekends Off: I know where you are coming from!