Monday, August 18, 2008

Hurricane Fay is on her way!

It's official. School is already closed down for tomorrow and Chris is on his way home from work. Everything in downtown Sarasota is closing down. Chris will not be going back to work until further notice. I am not sure what is going to be in store for us since we have not really experienced a hurricane. We were here in 2004 when Charley slaughtered Charlotte County but we only experienced feeder bands from the hurricane. From what I hear Fay can go anywhere at this point.

My parents are coming here after work to help us arrange the garage to accommodate their dingy. Right now it's just sitting in our front yard. I wouldn't want that boat to take off flying and seriously damage anything or kill someone! The lanai furniture will also get stored in the garage. Not sure what the landman is going to do with his boat trailer that is in the backyard but good luck to him if it decides to take off.

The tree issue is really weighing heavily on me. I get this apprehensive feeling that we are going to have a tree in our family room before tomorrow! I will do my best to keep you all updated as this goes along. We may experience a power outage but we will have to see.

No comments: