With the school year almost at an end, May is the month where all the odds and ends need to be wrapped up.
Katie has several engagements that need to be attended to.
- She has a Bridging Ceremony on May 11th. She will be leaving behind Brownies to become a Junior.
- She is receiving some kind of award on May 12th from her elementary school in which I will attend and take lots of pictures because Chris won't be able to take the morning off.
- Her class is doing a Patriotic Performance at her school on the 14th. Her teacher told me she and a few other girls will be signing one song. Katie's voice overshadows everyone else and the teacher thinks Katie should major in Drama…. I could see Katie being an actress with a side talent of singing. She is my performer.
- Her Brownie troop is throwing an end of year party at the Lowry Park Zoo on the 17th. Chris and I will both be attending with her. I just found out the zoo now has rides. Really?
- Her last day of school is May 29th. She is already marking the calendar off. Not a good sign, sigh….
Jeff is busy with 4 major projects all due by the 14th. I think the teachers are setting the pressure cooker on extreme to get the young adults ready for the college scene and to drive the parents into an early grave because Jeff is stressed to the max right now.
- Jeff will be picking up his cap and gown on May 19th. Hopefully we can score a few extra tickets for the Graduation Ceremony. They are initially giving out 5 and our family needs seven to include both sets of grandparents.
- Graduation Rehearsal is on May 29th
- Graduation Ceremony at 9a.m. Jeff will need to be there all ready to go by 7:30 and the family will need to be in their seats by 8:30. I don't know who the jackass was that scheduled such an early ceremony but apparently they think we all wake up super early on a Saturday with nothing else better to do.
- Jeff's Graduation party will follow a few hours after the ceremony. Chris wanted to get it over with so I won't be a complete bitch for another week trying to get everything organized and ready. Apparently I am difficult to live with when something major is in the works. Can anyone guess why that is? Hmmm….
Meanwhile I am busy with getting graduation announcements out and also designing the party invitations and getting them all ready to go. I have about a bazillion addresses to get from my mom and grandma. Apparently they want announcements sent to every known relative. Some of whom I haven't seen in decades.
So with all that typed out I am going crazy figuring out how I am going to survive the month of May.