Saturday, June 19, 2010

So Close but yet so far....

We have been searching for a new place for almost a week and a half.  When I am not working or packing up the house, we are driving all over to look at the next dwelling.  We have spoken with many potential prospects which have all fallen short of obtaining the keys because of one problem.  We do not have the full funds. 
Every single one of the houses that we have looked at require security,first and last months rent.  We are close but still fall short.  A very kind person wrote to me to say that it is does not take a weak person to ask for help but a strong one, and with that I am going to keep on asking. So please, if you can, would you donate to help us out?  If you are new to our situation then by all means please visit my post here which will bring you up to speed.  If your heart is moved to our plight you may make a donation on my paypal account.  I have a donation button set up in my sidebar. 
I know that there may be people that do not agree with what I am doing and that is ok too, but, put yourself in my shoes and tell me if you wouldn't do anything you could to avoid what we are faced with. We are doing everything we can to take care of our family, even if it means we have to ask for others help.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Donated. :)

Rambling Rachel said...

We found the perfect place and they rejected us because of our credit. I hated being judged by a piece of paper. I wrote a letter/email to explain our situation and described how we had gotten to the place where we were. If you think you have found a decent landlord, an honest letter may help. I wish you luck. Finding housing is distressing at the most primitive level.

Mindy said...

Ryan: Thank you very much!

Rambling Rachel: There are a number of honest landlords believe it or not. It's a catch 22 in either parties situation. A number of landlords that we have talked to definitely understood our plight but because of them getting burned umpteen times they were just not willing to work out some sort of payment plan for at least the last months rent. It's frustrating but I can understand their side as well.