Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Finally....

I was away from the Internet for a short while because we had to move.  Although we did it on very short notice, we accomplished what I thought was the unthinkable.  Thank you all so much for your positive thoughts, well wishes, prayers and of course the funds that made it possible for me and my family to be able to find another home.  Without your help this would not have happened.  Words are not enough to express how I feel about each and every one of you.  I have been truly blessed.

The last couple of days have been a whirl wind of craziness and exhaustion but well worth it.  Although the home we are in now is in need of a lot of work, we are grateful for what we have and a part of us is looking forward to making this house a true home.  We may not have a life insurance lead but we are looking into getting renter's insurance.  My husband and I both think that insurance is imperative because my business office is from home.  We are not wanting to take any chances with my computer getting damaged if the roof leaks.  So far there is no leaks in the roof but there are a few where the foundation meets the outer wall in one of the rooms.  My office is set up in the kitchen for now until that is remedied. 

We are organizing and finding places for everything.  I find that a whole lot easier to do than packing everything.  I am hoping that we are here for at least a few years.  I did a little researching before we made the decision to move to this house.  There is no mortgage on this house. It was paid in full five years ago, so there will be no chance that this house gets foreclosed on.  I made sure of that before we agreed to move in. 
Score one for me.....

No comments: