Thursday, April 17, 2008

Another term has begun...

hence the reason for no post yesterday. Besides filling in at work yesterday and accessing my classes, I was to exhausted to spend any time in the evening online. College algebra is going to be a hard one for me. I have no doubt that I will not complete the course but I am already having my doubts on how much of this I am going to understand. My son has already volunteered to tutor me... such an angel he is.

My software applications class is about Vista and Office 2007. I have both so I should pass this course with flying colors. I will really feel dumb if I don't:)

It was bitter sweet leaving work yesterday knowing that once again I will be without a job. The business is picking up only slightly but the techs are doing a much better job at selling their jobs than they were before. I enjoyed working with everyone and I will miss them.
The only real issue I have is that when they paid me for four days work it was not at my regular wage. Instead of making $12.50 an hour they paid me $10.oo. I don't know if they intended to do that or not. When I was originally called and asked to fill in, I was told that they would pay me cash but the amount was never discussed, so I just assumed it was at the same wage I was making before they laid me off. I would also assume that if my regular wage was an issue that they would have told me what they could pay me. So... I did place a call and spoke to the office manager and she will ask them. Somehow though I feel like a heathen for even asking.

Ok everyone, I have more reading to do so I will catch up with all of you later....
Don't forget about the Regalo Boutique contest. I am too lazy to post a link to it so just scroll down a few posts and you should find it with no problems....

No comments: