Wednesday, August 25, 2010

City of Brotherly Love indeed!

I cannot believe what I have been reading lately.  Philadelphia is now wanting bloggers in their city to pay a $300.00 for a business license.  To me that is just insanity.  The economy is already in the dumps and people are doing what is absolutely necessary to survive. 

This is just so stupid. I mean it is not like there are tons of money to be made in this genre.  Running Google ads or accepting paid assignments here and there doesn't justify paying for a business license.  Most bloggers don't even make $300.00 in one year.  So now they are forced to find other ways of making money and hoping that the greedy county government don't catch onto the next "big" money maker. 

I don't personally know any Philadelphia bloggers but I know a lot of bloggers that do strictly reviews and make a decent living but that is all they do. I don't even think you would be able to any type of reviews not even cell phone, business phone or cordless phone reviews without waving a red flag. So what if this goes country wide?  Bloggers that are supporting their families by blogging for a living are going to get screwed.  A lot of us are struggling as it is and I am sure there may be some that will take on any type of work.  

I am so glad that I don't live there.

No comments: