Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back to Normal..somewhat....

I have been dealing with some kind of bug for the last few weeks.  Working when I shouldn't have been probably didn't help and on Saturday morning I woke up feeling like crap.  I am still not up to par but again, I have to work tomorrow so... this may take awhile to feel human again.

Kids are well.  Katie starts back to school tomorrow.  Chris and Jeff have another week before they start. So it's back to the grind for most of us.  My mom is well enough to help me clean tomorrow so that will help me and business is slowly starting to pick up. Hopefully, 2011 will be a good year for my household.

We have had to return a lot of clothes in the last week.  Katie is growing like a weed and the sizes that I thought would fit her are now two sizes too small.  We even had to get some bras for her.  She is not happy about that but she is going to have to deal with it.  Jeff has been buying his own clothes for awhile now.  He prefers rocawear jeans and mall brand clothing stores.  They may be a little more in cost but the quality of the clothes more than make up for it.  They last a lot longer than retail store brands.  Jeff justifies this as you may pay more upfront but you won't have to pay more often because he could buy retail store brand three times more than what he buys now.  So cost wise it's about the same. 

Katie is growing so much that spending that kind of money on clothes would not be worth it.  She is almost as tall as I am (not saying much, since I am a shorty at 5'2") but she is going to be taller than I am, that is a given.  She hasn't quite hit full on puberty yet, but it's close.  She is already getting the "tude" so, we are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I keep kidding Chris that he is going to have to hurry up and get his man cave all set up, because he is pretty much going to be spending a lot of time in it.

No comments: