Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's that time of year again...

Katie and her Girl Scout Troop will be camping this weekend.  Instead of only sleeping out one night they will be staying two nights.  Katie is so excited about this weekend that she has been going over and over her list of what to bring and making sure she has everything. 

I need to find protective clothing  for her. She is so clumsy and even though she knows the rules about how far away she should be from campfires she still forgets at that time.  She makes me so nervous.  Maybe I am just a little over protective of her but I swear she worries me.  I hope that this clumsy stage is a phase and she will soon grow out of it.  Until then I am going to constantly worry.

This is the second year that I have not gone with the troop.  The first two times I went because they girls were younger and it helped the troop leaders out.  Now that the girls are older the troop leaders have a better handle on things.  Yes, they do a great job keeping on eye on Katie. Otherwise I would insist on going even if it meant that the camp rules were broken. 

No comments: