Thursday, July 8, 2010

I am in business!

Things are starting to look up for my business, now that I have officially become a L.L.C (Limited Liability Company).  It has opened the door of opportunity with a Condominium complex that has already contracted me to clean their three midrise buildings.  I have also submitted a proposal for the Clubhouse and their sales/management office.  Although after speaking with the General Manager today, I will need to tweak it to fall in line with their 2010 budget which was done in January.  He seems to really want me to get the job and will definitely up the budget with the board members for next year if I will accept their budget for the last 5 months of this year. I don't mind taking a cut if it means that next year will be better. You scratch my back and I will scratch yours type of deal. 

I am just so happy to be given this chance to finally start making a decent living off my hard work.  Don't get me wrong, I love cleaning for individuals but the money just isn't there for residential cleanings.  Although I have picked up a few more residential, to me they are just the bread and butter.  The condo however, is my lifeline.  That will enable me to take care of my family once my husband goes back to school. 

I am also faced with the possibility of having to hire an outsider to help me with the ever expanding work load.  Something that I wasn't all that comfortable with.  That means that either I add them on as an employee or possibly a sub contractor so that they alone are responsible for their own taxes and insurance.  I am still tossing between the two choices.  The pros and cons are very heavy on either side of the coin.  I will need to get expert advice from my soon to be accountant.  She was recommended to me by my husbands dad.  She takes care of all his company's dealings and apparently is very aware of all the changes that are about to take place.  Something that I am completely clueless on at this moment.  It is all so scary to me right now, but at the same time very exhilarating. 

No comments: