Thursday, March 31, 2011

Anticipating the Day

I just realized that it has been six years since my family and I actually took a vacation. SIX years! When I say vacation, I don't mean a week off from work to do stay home and get the things that I have been neglecting done. 
The last place that we went was to Walt Disney World.  Heck, we didn't even leave the state, just went two hours northeast. I wish we would have made the effort to plan trips outside the state.  We could have saved our money to make it possible, but life got in the way and of course the economy has made it very difficult.

 I would love to travel to different states and see what makes them so great.  I wouldn't mind visiting the Outer Banks or Las Vegas ( I have heard that it is more family friendly now) or I wouldn't mind going back to my birth state, Ohio, to see friends. 

The next really big thing that I am so looking forward to is my friends coming down to Orlando for a few days.  It will only be one day that we will get to spend some time together but I am really, really anticipating their arrival.  I have been hoarding money to be able to afford gas, food and whatever it is we decide to do for the day.  Chris and I have thought of spending the day with them at the Old Town park in Kissimmee.  We took the kids there on our last vacation and we had a great time. 

I am waiting patiently for that day to arrive, for now I will just mark off the days on my calendar like a school kid waiting for her big field trip day to hurry up and get here already!

No comments: