Thursday, March 31, 2011

I love her but she is driving me insane.

My grandmother has been on a paranoia trip lately. She keeps insisting that people are breaking into her home at least once a week.  She has called the cops on every one of those paranoia occasions.  The police force know her well now.  Yet, every time she calls, they are required to respond. Nothing like wasting tax payers dollars right?  I am really hoping that the visit with the psychiatrist pans out and that they officially diagnose her with Alzheimer's, otherwise the police are only going to get busier with her constantly calling about men dressed in ninja costumes threatening her life.

She is now insisting that my grandfather buy and install home security cameras for her well being. She is very adamant about it. She told my grandfather that unless he wants to find another place to live, he will do as she asked.  Her demands are getting increasingly over the top and when she doesn't get her way she pouts and throws tantrums like a toddler.  Her emotional state is so high, that she will cry at a memory of her older sister dying over 80 years ago.  She remembers those details so vividly like it just happened, but she can't remember what she ate five minutes ago. 

I just can't understand why it is taking so long to get the ball rolling on her behalf.  Diagnose her already so we can make the arrangements of putting her in a facility equipped to handle her.  My grandfather, mom, aunt, me and the rest of the family can not provide what she needs, no matter how much we want to be able to.

No comments: