Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tucks review and wisdom teeth

I haven't been able to do a lot the past several days. Mainly because sharing a computer with an 18 year old is hard. With Jeff needing to complete necessary applications to get his college courses all set and submit needed documents it has taken him some time to do. So, I have waited patiently for my turn.

It also has been hard because the past couple of days I have been sick. Apparently my wisdom teeth have decided to break through at my age. Don't ask me why at 38 years they decided to come through but they have. Apparently, the lower wisdom tooth has cracked one of my lower molars and it has created an abscess. Which has put me into a constant state of radiating pain. Since I do not have health insurance I have been keeping a constant regime of Ibuprofen and Tylenol. It is the best I can do for now, and it has also allowed me to be able to deal with the pain and still get some things done. Unfortunately, for me, the infection has now done a number on my body. Like any antibiotic would do to your system after a long period of time. I have contracted an UTI (urinary tract infection) and have had the most uncomfortable bout of loose bowels, which have irritated any hemorrhoids that have been dormant. Good thing about that is that I was given a sample of Tucks medicated pads to try on behalf of Mom Central and believe me they couldn't have come at a better time. I know TMI, but seriously, it has been a blessing because it works so well. I mean instantaneous relief. It can't get much better than that in my opinion. It is hard enough dealing with one pain than to have to deal with any other subsequent ailment.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

OW OW OW!!!

I had to have my wisdom teeth removed at 35.

You have my sympathies...

Mindy said...

Melissa - LOL! Thanks. At least your one of a few that know what I am dealing with. My kids think I am some kind of wuss:)