Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Baby is driving...

I let Jeff drive home from work tonight. His learners permit allows teens under 18 to drive up until 11pm. He really is a good and attentive driver but every time I get into the passenger seat I have a hard time not being in control. He needs practice before he can really be comfortable taking his drivers test and I figured it would give him extra time behind the wheel if he drives to work and then back from work.

He is definitely growing up. He went to the mall today on his own and hung out with friends there. He came home and had to hurry to change into his work clothes. He wasn't actually scheduled today but the asst. manager where he works at the mall flagged him down and asked him to cover for a co-worker that called in sick. I am proud that he fills in when asked, never misses a day of work and doesn't complain about working. I know that right now he just sees all this as a mean to make money but I see a start to a great work attitude and great work ethics. I don't know too many teenagers that hold a job for more than a few months. Jeff's first anniversary will be this October.

Sorry... I am just a proud mama here;)

1 comment:

Humincat said...

He sounds like an amazing kid. You should be a proud mama. I'm not sure how I'm gonna let go enough to teach mine how to drive, and I'm the calm one.