Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Still in ICU

Kat is still in the ICU and will remain there until tomorrow sometime. The complication was due to one of her lungs collapsing. So the decision to keep her in ICU will be in effect until tomorrow sometime. Jo and the boys did in fact go see her today. The nurse brought Kat out of sedation long enough to know that they were there. Kat being the feisty woman that she is, was getting agitated about the breathing tube still being in place. So Jo had them put her back under. I doubt that Kat will remember that because the medicine they use to sedate her will probably have her forget that Jo and the boys were even there. Maybe and maybe not.

I will be calling tomorrow morning to see whether or not they put her into a room and if they did I will go see her but chances are it will be Thursday before she has a room out of the ICU. Jo and I are guessing that Kat will be in the hospital through the weekend. She may not come home until Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Jo is going to call me later this evening to let me know how things are going. I would call myself but I think Jo would like to be the messenger from this point on. I am sure she feels terrible for not being the one to take Kat in the first place. Which she shouldn't in the least but I do understand it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless both you and Jo for everything you've done so far, for Kat, the boys and all of the people whose lives have been touched by Kat!

Thanks so much for another update. While the news isn't what I think any of us hoped for, she's one tough cookie and I have no doubt she'll pull through this.

Thanks again!
Holly

Owen Cutajar said...

Thanks for the update. We all have our fingers crossed for her!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on Kat. Keeping her in my thoughts.

Mindy said...

Holly - Kat is tough and this is just a little set back. I am doing for Kat what I would do for my own sister. She is going to be so touched by all the outpouring of love and concern.

Mindy said...

Owen - You are Welcome!

Avitable said...

My fingers are crossed and I'm sending positive thoughts!

Bluepaintred said...

Man, that's some scary stuff. i sure appreciate you updating for the rest of us over in internet land. Kat and her boys sure have a huge group of people rooting for them!

Mindy said...

Sassy - I know a lot of people are concerned and I don't mind at all.

Avitable - She will appreciate this a great deal!

Bluepaintred - Her sister, Jo, told me that a lung collapsing is common with a surgery like this. I know it's not fun to go through it but I am sure she was not aware. I am very fortunate to have met her and her sons... they really are a great family.

PookeesMama said...

Mindy, I know you don't know me but I do want to thank you and Jo for keeping us updated. To me, its like a vigil because Kat is such a wonderful person. And your right, its a little setback but hey it wasn't planned and she will be okay.