Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I need a bigger house...

either that or more storage. Chris and I have been steadily working on the girls room to accommodate both of the girls and their "rightful" space. Not easy when the age difference is 10 years. We have been packing up some of Brittany's stuff that she doesn't use on an every day bases and storing them in the garage but trying to make it readily accessible in case she would like to get something out of one of of her totes. Poor Katie has been reduced to storing her toys in my closet for the time being until we can come up with a better system. Most of her clothes are hanging in my closet because her sister has bigger clothes and is taking a large amount of the decent size closet.
I have been contemplating creating a better way of storing "stuff" in our garage so it doesn't look so damn cluttered. I think since we have "necessities" stored in the garage that it should look as neat and orderly as possible. I am thinking of putting in garage storage cabinets that would allow "stuff" to be accessible but out of the public eye or even better out of the way. I envision cabinets all along the wall, preferably top and bottom cabinets with some counter space as well. I like the UltiMATE Garage line because it looks so versatile and would suit our needs just fine. It just looks so easy to arrange and organize all our necessities. It certainly would benefit Chris. With all the tools Chris has he should also have his own work area as well. He has so many "toys" that you can barely walk through the garage to the door.
Eventually I want to see that vision a reality but until my parents find their own home we are currently storing their stuff as well. So my garage has become a self storage until they do find the house they want. Maybe we can arrange the garage better and still be able to put in the cabinets that I want. Hmmm.....

No comments: