Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Can you hear me?




Every time I hear this song, it brings me to tears.  While the song is about a father praying for his son (based on a true story of a young boy fighting cancer and winning) This song is my feelings exactly for one of the best guys I have ever had the pleasure to call my friend. 
His name is Phil (I think of him as a brother, always have) and he is fighting his own battle with cancer.
Terminal cancer known as Multiple Myeloma.  As I type this, he is in the ER dealing with what is possibly the flu.  As his wife said, Cancer, Chemo and the flu are not friends.  He can't even keep down his meds.
What we healthy people go through to get better will be worse for him. That hurts me deeply.

I sat and prayed for and shed tears for him, because I do not want him to be hurting and he puts up such a tough guy front sometimes. He is weak and tired and he needs a break.

His wife, Jen, is tired and sometimes she gets angry, because of what this cancer is doing to her husband, but for the most part she is strong (she has to be) she is his nurse, caretaker but most of all his rock.  I couldn't have asked for anyone better for him.  I love her like a sister, and my heart hurts for her, and I wish I could make everything all right. But I can't. And that makes me angry.

They are about the only reason that I would ever consider moving back to Ohio for.  I want to help them in any way that I can and it is just so hard to be sitting on the sidelines not being able to do much.

In the near future I will be doing something.  In the mean time, would you please pray for him, her, the family?  There can never be too many prayers.

1 comment:

jen said...

I just got home.... and he is there in a hospital bed feeling guilty because he's sick. I cried listening to your song... I haven't heard it in so long..... I'm so tired going to sleep hopefully not the same sleeping here alone. Thank you for listening, giving advice, and praying. You have no idea what a God given blessing you are to me.