Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gong on 40 feels like 80 to me.

I have been cleaning houses on a regular basis for over two years now.  I was hoping that my body would be used to it.  However, that is not the case.  I get severe joint pain by the end of my work day.  So severe that when I rub or even touch the area, it feels bruised and it stays that way for weeks. The joints in my fingers crack and every joint in my body hurts and is stiff. I am sure there are many factors as to why I have this.  Being overweight contributes greatly and the fact that arthritis runs in the family. 

I have tried many things to help alleviate the pain, which most products do temporarily, but not long term.  I have tried all kinds of  treatments for arthritis but nothing is long lasting.  I have been making sure to drink plenty of water, I am talking about by the gallons, and I take vitamins which also includes glucosamine, religiously, and yet I am still feeling this way. 

Chris' mother told me about MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) supplements that are specifically for joint cartilage and although I haven't tried it yet.  I have done a ton of research on it.  I am thinking that may be my next step and if that doesn't work then I don't know where else to go.  It is so tough getting older and I won't be 40 until December.  I have to find a way to reverse this or I won't be able to clean for much longer, and that is not an option right now.

No comments: