Thursday, November 4, 2010

I just don't understand

Can anyone please tell me exactly what are hgh supplements?  I haven't the foggiest clue as to what this is supposed to do for your body.  I have read that athletes will use it to boost their performance levels (legally) and that certain people have used it to fight aging.  So is it like a steroid product or an anti aging product?  And what is with all these "supplements" to begin with?  Every time I hit the interweb intending to look up what certain vitamins do for your body I am always amazed at all the different pills out there for everything.  Has America become a pill popping nation?  Do we not do anything the old fashion way anymore?  Whatever happened to the Food Pyramid and how many servings of each food group to have daily? 

Don't get me wrong, I understand innovation and technology better than you think I do.  I know that science has come along way developing "short cuts" to make our lives easier. I know there is potential there, but should there be?  Maybe I am just being pessimistic because I haven't found the wonder pill for my dilemmas and I may be a tad jealous that I am one of the many that can't really be helped scientifically. Or... maybe I am right, and we all should be doing things differently to be in better health, rather than relying on pharmaceutical companies that are getting richer by the second, because we are so lazy.  This is a "things that make you hmmm" moment. Right?!

No comments: