Thursday, November 4, 2010

Decorating for Christmas already?

I am used to seeing certain retail stores displaying Christmas decorations before Halloween was over but now business are getting into the act?  On my way to work, I pass through a high end business district.  They had garland going up around the lamp posts. Seriously?

The individual stores around the corner were in the middle of changing their display windows with Christmas themed decorations and I wanted to scream.  Don't get me wrong I love Christmas time and all the festiveness it brings, but what reason do these people have to start so early?  I hate having my favorite holiday bastardized and commercialized like this.  People have to understand that shoving it down my throat so soon in the ball game is really petty and unnecessary.  I will get into the spirit, I promise you, just not on the 4th of November!

No comments: