Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Now she loves to brush.

My daughter is the most difficult when it comes to taking care of her teeth.  The hardest thing about getting her to do a good job brushing her teeth is the time factor.  She will begrudgingly go in for a minute and then come back out stating she is all done.  Yes, there may be evidence of toothpaste foam around her mouth but her teeth are still crying out for a good scrub. 

I was fortunate enough to receive a dental care package that contained many products to care for kids teeth as well as adults.   Listerine makes a pre rinse product called Agent CoolBlue that makes the plaque visible on you teeth and the children will be able to see where they need to brush.  I had Katie brush her teeth first and then use the Agent CoolBlue.  She was shocked at how much plaque was still on her teeth and mostly around her gum line.  Since she has seen what a poor job she was doing, the Agent CoolBlue has become her favorite part of the brushing experience.  It reminded me of the days when I was in elementary school, when the local dentist would show up, and pass out the red dye tablets, toothbrushes and trial size toothpaste.  Everyone would laugh at each other because we all had stained teeth. 

Before I couldn't get her to stay in the bathroom long enough to brush her teeth and now I have to set a time limit, because she will brush her teeth for ten minutes or more. She also likes the Listerine Smart Rinse.  It is an anti cavity fluoride rinse that you use after you brush your teeth. Not only does it help to prevent cavities it also strengthens teeth.  She prefers the Mint flavor but they also make berry flavor as well. 

I also tried out the Reach toothbrush that was sent to me.  I have to admit I have never used Reach before. I was always swayed to use Oral B (all the hype about being dentist preferred) but I have to be honest about the Reach toothbrush.  It is easier to get at the hard to "reach" places.  I was also given Listerine mouthwash to try and I was a little hesitant.  I remember my father's Listerine and it wasn't appealing back then but the CoolMint wasn't bad.  My husband claimed the Listerine Zero mouthwash which has no alcohol. He prefers the less intense sensation. 

Along with our package, we received an opportunity to collect money for the Trick or Treat for the America's Toothfairy. This is a campaign to help raise awareness of pediatric dental disease and it also provides care to the children that cannot get regular dental care. We did take our donation box around with us but unfortunately we didn't receive many donations. 

I am glad we were given this opportunity. If nothing else my own daughter is more aware of her dental hygiene habits and she is taking it more seriously.  She proudly shows off her pearly whites after each brushing.



 I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of LISTERINE and REACH and received products to take the Oral Care Challenge. Mom Central Consulting also sent me a Global Giving gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate. 

No comments: