Thursday, November 18, 2010

Why am I surprised?!

Britt has decided to quit college.  Not even halfway through the first semester and she is claiming that she couldn't handle school and a job. Well, she was fired from her job  before she quit school, so I don't know what she was trying to pull. Plus she will be required to repay the pell grant back for not even finishing the semester. Even after warning her about that she still made the choice to cop out.   Her pop pop suggest that he could try and pull some favors and get her into a program so that she could can work at a daycare.  You have to be licensed and apparently this is the place to go.  She is thinking about it.  She was also referred to The Meadows, which is a Country/Golf Club as a waitress where she could make serious amounts of money during the season and she blew the interview.  I mean she blew it by not showing up! 

Where was she? How about where is she.  She has been staying with her boyfriend at his dad's run down home.  This house has no working well, no a/c because it died this summer and it is being foreclosed on.  His own father isn't even living there.  He moved in with his parents. 

I just do not understand how this girl thinks.  It's almost as if she doesn't know how to.   She has never been stable minded and she is so damn impulsive that it makes your head spin.  She texted her dad the other day wanting to know if Robbie's last check from his previous employer showed up at our house.  He got something which has been put on our fridge from a week ago.  She wants us to mail it to him.  Um... we need an address?!  Chris won't call her, if he wants his check he needs to call us and give us an address.  He has to do that anyway if he wants his last paycheck from me.  But nope, nothing.  So the check will just stay where it is.

This whole thing with her is like a stupid soap opera. What is she doing now? Who is she with now? What Woe is me situation is she going to get herself into. It's comical really. I hate to be like this with her but I can't take anymore of her shit. And that says a lot because I take a lot before I boil over.

Every time I hear Chris' text chime go off, I start to cringe because it is usually her wanting or needing something.  Chris has told her that if it is so damn important pick up the phone and call because he will not respond to texts anymore.  Yet, she keeps doing it and, he still ignores it.  It's almost a game to her.   She is trying to see how far she can push her dad before he breaks down and replies.  She is going to be sorely disappointed because when Chris put his mind to something that is it.  It's too bad she never realized that about her dad.  Everyone else may cave but Chris is not everyone else.

One of these days we are going to find an abandoned baby at our doorstep. It's no joke.  Chris and I have actually talked about the possibility.  She will probably get pregnant and have the child and then realize that there is no way she can support herself and a child.  Her mentality is by no means strong enough for that. She is not mature enough for that and even a baby won't mature her fast enough.  I was nineteen when I had Jeff and I grew up fast.  Not only because I had to but I wanted to because I wanted to be a good mother for Jeff. 

Britt on the other hand would see it has a burden and a life crusher. But, if you heard her talking about kids, you would think what a wonderful mother she will be. She can fool a lot of people and even fool herself, but the way she carries on is a whole different ball of wax.  That is how she is and that is what she is capable of. 

I really wish it wasn't like this but I have no control over anything when it comes to her and being that she is 21 now it all falls on her shoulders now.  Maybe one day she will wake up, but, to be honest given the family tree and all, it will be a long time from now. So for now we just go about our own business and hope that the next time she shows up she is willing to straighten up and do the right things for once.  If not she has no place in this home.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Ah, so this is all the drama that you were trying to tell me, I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to be there for you, I've just been so sick and dealing with infections and crap, and now a possible collapsed lung that they can't treat until the hole is large enough to show on the xray.

Anyway, if you need to talk, vent, yell, scream, please don't hesitate to call me or email me, whatever.
I'm trying so hard to be here for my friends, and I miss you guys, I still haven't seen the new house, and I really am so sorry and I really do miss you. :(

Mindy said...

Kat: This is just a drop in the bucket of the drama around here. But I will promise you that if I ever need to vent, I will be calling you ;0)